Grated Cheese

Sometimes its Brie, sometimes its Kraft, either way its still cheese.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Uninspired

So I have been feeling a bit uninspired lately to put anything on here. It has probably meant that everyone has given up hope that I would ever put any news on here at all.
Truth of the matter is that I don't have a lot of news to tell. I gained a nephew, Joel, at the very end of Jan (but that isn't really my news, its my brothers. See http://www.wordandspirit.co.uk for pictures)
I have got a nice big pile of projects to be getting on with. Essays on the FX in Adobe Audition, a guide on setting up a home web server, a flash presentation, an essay on NINJAM and its development and finally getting back to the related link at the top an essay on Last.fm

Last.fm is a social music network (we getting a lot of social networks online...) Basically you install a plugin for your music player of choice (iTunes for me then) and get playing music. The plug-in lets a database know what music you are listening to and then based on what other users listen to recommends songs, albums and artists to you.
Its full of interesting stats and facts, showing graphs and charts of all users, groups of people or individual users. Hence the link above which will show you the last 10 songs I played, my current most played artists and most played songs.

The data here is currently a bit wonky as since getting the plug in I haven't listened to all my music and I have been listening to the new Dramagods album, Love. Nuno Bettencourt fan or Population 1 fan (though possibly the same thing) you will like Dramagods. Its a Japan-Only release which is annoying but you can get it imported via Ebay (HMV possibly could get it for you if you really wanted)
alternatively check out http://www.youtube.com for 2 of their music videos.

Well I was planning on getting up at 10 today and now that its 10:30 I probably should.

As a closing note, if there is anything people would actually like to read about on here, please let me know. I am always looking for inspiration.

Dave out

1 Comments:

At 6:51 pm, Blogger Sipech said...

Hadn't given up hope, especially when you updated the format. Much better than the old one.

If you could tell us about general thoughts in life, odd incidents, things that weren't expected, the usual bloggy stuff then that'd be great.

I know Cambridge is generally a very dull and uninspiring place, but that usually means that the people become more interesting to compensate. You should know this, having grown up in Dunstabubble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home