Grated Cheese

Sometimes its Brie, sometimes its Kraft, either way its still cheese.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Procrastination

"Procrastination is the deferment or putting-off of an action or task, usually by focusing on some other distraction (compare temporisation). It is Latin for "foremorrowing," or making some such of tomorrow. "
Link into the wikipedia is todays related link, its very tempting to add at the bottom of the wiki page "I was procrastinating as I wrote this..."

So, things I HAVE achieved today, registered a domain name http://www.dh291.co.uk (all the suitable Heath and Dave ones were already taken grrrr) Downloaded Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/ a linux distribution (and installed it on my spare machine) nipped over to Maplins to buy a 20 pin to 24 pin power adapter to fix my main machine, done some "house keeping" of all my files on my PC - specifically rounding up all my uni work from the last 2 and 1/2 years and removing old out of date copies, had bacon sandwiches for lunch and soup for tea/dinner/evening grub whatever you want to call it and have managed to avoid all work that might actually be called university work.

I had set a goal this week to complete one piece of coursework and do a good section on another, however I am currently not even close to that. Might pull a late one tonight, I don't need to be awake for my 9am lecture, its all about "Multimedia Platforms" (pages 5 to 10 of the sermon notes Module Guide) covering Windows Media Player, M-PEG2, DVDs and USB. Oo I am so looking forward to it.

Well on that note, I think I shall go and try to start on some work
Toodle-oo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home