Grated Cheese

Sometimes its Brie, sometimes its Kraft, either way its still cheese.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Lossy vs. Lossless

Yo-ho-um, I am looking to re-create my music collection on my laptop, and I feel that it would be nice to use a good quality ripper with good settings for the whole lot.



There are so many questions to be asked when picking a format to use, do I go lossy or lossless? what apps do I intent to use it on? what bit rates do i use?



Having a look round online to see what there was to use, I have decided that I will still use dB Poweramp. It does what I want and has a huge number of different codecs available.

Do I use mp3? mp4 or ogg? for my lossy format and do i use FLAC or Monkey Audio for my lossLESS format? Bearing in mind that I am firstly using this collection on my laptop which is limited in hdd space at the moment, it is going to be a lossy, but mp4 and ogg both seem to have better compression ratios to mp3.

More digging is required i think, plus audio tests.


Dave Out (for now)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home