Grated Cheese

Sometimes its Brie, sometimes its Kraft, either way its still cheese.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Laptop woo!

Oh yes oh yay! My laptop hath come, I am home for a few days and I am a happy bunny.



So this is my first post on the new machine and ohh, I delcare it to be nicer to use than my desktop, and I am pretty happy with that.



I feel its my duty to let you guys know about all the handy software that I have spent the evening installing on here.



First up was Real Alternative and Quick Alternative (including Media Player Classic)
Between these three apps, you pretty much have most video and audio files covered (But you might want to install Winamp 5 anyway



Next is the internet browser of all time Firefox. If you are not using this then you are an idiot. Trust me on this on. Oh and while you are at it, you might want the following extentions for it, IE View, Nuke Anything and Image Zoom



Now for a long time I used MSN Messenger with MSN Plus, but today is the start of a trial run of Gaim, a "multi-protocol instant messaging (IM) client for Linux, BSD, MacOS X, and Windows". It seems to be quite good, so I am happy to stay with it for a while.



Finally for now, I use Sharp Reader for all the RSS/Atom feeds that I read. If anyone knows of a better aggregatior than this, ie one that also checks newsgroups like Outlook Express, please let me know. (You might wanna add my Atom feed)



I think that is all for now, more tomorrow maybees



Dave out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home